Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Most High God is with the one who is lowly in spirit

When I was meditated on Isaiah 57, I found that in verse 15, the Lord said that He lives in a high and holy place but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Every time I read this verse, I always feel amazed. How could The Most High God wants to be with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit? Why does he want to revive the spirit of the lowly and the heart of the contrite? Does not he know that we are nothing? This is really beyond my understanding!

Few days ago, Amel shared to me about God's provision in the work of her thesis. We had the same struggle since we are in the English program. Our thesis had to be written in English. Therefore, we need someone (if possible, a native speaker) to proofread our thesis. She never asked anyone, BUT Dr. Kirk, one of the leaders in UPH that has responsibility for Student Development and Spiritual Growth, offered her to proofread her thesis!! WOOOWWW!!! As a leader of UPH, he must be busy, even busier than just a student! BUT, he OFFERED help. Isn't it amazing?!?!

On Tuesday morning, around 6.30 AM, Amel sent the chapter 2 of her thesis to Dr. Kirk by email. Around 10.15 AM, he sent Amel an email to tell her that the proofread was just finished. That's very surprising! Right after she read the email, Amel went to Dr. Kirk's office to take the proofread result. When Amel asked how could he finished it so fast, Dr. Kirk answered, "I know you need it soon. And I'm waiting for the next chapters."

WOW! AMAZING! He, the leader of UPH, with many important things to do, considered Amel's need as important! He is a truly godly man, who loves his neighbor as himself!

When Amel and I were talking about "how-awesome-and-godly-Dr. Kirk-is", suddenly I remembered Isaiah 57:15. The Lord lives in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit. He wants to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the contrite. Who are we, that the Most High God wants to be with us, who often lowly in spirit and have contrite heart?

On the last Tuesday Chapel, the sermon was about "yoke". In Matthew 11:29-30, Jesus said,
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
The preacher explained that this verses are not talking about free-from-struggle-when-you-follow-Jesus. The yoke is still there. You still have to take it; but when Jesus said that "my yoke is easy", it means that Jesus is willing to take the yoke together with us. He wants to walk with us, TOGETHER. He wants to be with us in our struggles.The Lord already said that although he lives in a high and holy place, but he also with the lowly and the contrite! How awesome is the Lord Most High!
Give praise to the LORD!

Whenever you feel lowly in spirit and have a contrite heart, remember that the Lord is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment