Thursday, June 21, 2012

How You love, I love

Often I pray to God, "Lord, teach me to love as you loved and to serve as you served."
This past month God really answered my prayers.

Actually my family is struggling with financial problem and since I cannot earn money because of my scholarship-contract, the best way I can do is to save my little money. BUT God wanted me to use my little money to show compassion. He also wants me to use my time and energy to showing love.

This past two weeks, two girls under my supervision were sick. The first girl was suffered because of thypus. She was not allowed to eat anything except porridge. So, I bought porridge for her for many times. Few days later, there was a moving day in dormitory. Every people moved to a new room. Three other girls helped me to pack and move the thypus-girl belongings to her new room. On that day, God convinced me to treat them as an appreciation for helping. That's cost a lot of money.

The second girl was suffered because of hemorrhoid (ambeien). I was struggling whether I need to stay overnight at hospital when suddenly The Holy Spirit urged me to open and read the Bible. So, I opened my bible in the hospital's waiting room and started to read the 1 John. In chapter 3 verses 16-19 I felt strongly that God was speaking personally to me.

16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?

18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 19 Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God.


That moment was very..... I don't know what to say, but I felt God's presence there.
He opened a new understanding about the way He wants me to live.

I do not have to be rich to live well.
I do not have to be rich to show compassion for a brother or sister in need.
God just wants His love to be in me!
He wants people around me can see God's love in me!
How great is my God! Who am I that the Lord of all the earth would use me to show His love to the world??

I decided to stay overnight for 4 nights at hospital to take care of this girl and undoubtedly show the truth with my actions. Those 4 nights were very discomfort (I was sleeping on a chair!), full of tiredness and loneliness.
BUT there was the truth. The truth that if you love God, you must love your sister.
The truth that if you love God, you would not seek for your own pleasure, but joyfully doing what God's will.

I cannot find a word to describe how wonderful it is to love as God loved!
But I pray that you may be blessed with my testimony and take a commitment to love as God loved.
Let us living to prove that God's love is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment