Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Thursday: I am thankful for....

Here is my list of what I am thankful for, especially for this past year (December 2012-November 2013). So, I am thankful for....
  1. Although finance has been my life issue, I know that I do not need to worry anymore about tomorrow for I know whom I have believed is faithful in providing my needs according to His richness in Christ Jesus.
  2. I become a greater sinner this year but God has His own purpose in my life, through my life, for the glory of Christ.
  3. Jesus Christ came to earth so that a sinner like me could be restored in a relationship with God of the universe.
  4. The reconciliation He brought has opened many chances for us to worship the King of kings.
  5. The Lord teaches me to start well, be faithful during the progress, and finishing well.
  6. Although there are hardships for me in this year, the Lord asks me to enjoy life and see good days. And I am thankful for a grateful heart to enjoy my life and see good days in the midst of sorrow.
  7. Being free from a bondage of sin in an unhealthy relationship.
  8. For every time I draw myself away from Him, the Lord always gently draw me back, even closer than before.
  9. Nothing is as great as His mercy and love, so that I could be forgiven.
  10. No one have love me like Jesus Christ does.
  11. The Lord reveals one of my sins: that I was and am proud of myself. Throughout this year, He teaches me to be humble.
  12. The Lord becomes my refuge. What shall I fear? Death? Lost?
  13. God loves every nation. Therefore, I have no other excuse to not love people from different tribes and nations.
  14. Being saved by grace. Truly I am a sinner, unworthy of God's love, but here I am in a relationship with Him, only by His grace!
  15. A chance to be more focus on Christ.
  16. Slowly but sure, every sin I did and do has been exposed by God. Well, those sins are shameful and I'd prefer to hide them all. But thanks to God in Christ Jesus that as a sinner I have been forgiven, accepted, and loved. I no longer live in the dark, but light. Nothing is to be hidden.
  17. The Lord graciously gives me an accountability partner, a spiritual mentor, and a church community to challenge me in confronting the sins in my life.
  18. Great lessons God has taught me this year. One of the great lesson is to see my life from the perspective of death, so that I may live for God.
  19. God works in everything. So many thanks, God!
  20. The beauty of teaching can't be seen by anyone. Thanks for this privilege, Lord!
  21. Writing is God's calling! What a privilege! What an honor to praise and glorify God!
  22. Godly men and godly women forgive as Christ forgives. How beautiful!
  23. Not every single lady can have a sisterhood in Christ. And the sisters I have are God's blessings!
  24. The power to let go of the past and move on. Life must go on.
  25. Twas and is and always be a great feeling when I know how precious I am in God's sight.
  26. Thanks God for drawing me back to the basic of being Christian. It's not about the knowledge I have. Although I had learned Systematic Theology 1 to 7, even Apologetic, You have shown me that knowledge does not make me your disciple. So, being a Christian is be transformed according to the Scripture, when Christ is the center of it all.
  27. The Most High God was and is and always be with the one who is lowly in spirit. You were there God, when I was low in spirit. You are here God, when I am low in spirit. You will always with me.
  28. Although I am unfaithful, God remains faithful.
  29. Thanks God that obedience is an expression of love. As I learn to obey, I know that I learn to love you day by day.
  30. Once again, thank you for always return my focus to Christ.
  31. God's grace is always sufficient for me.
  32. What can take your love away? What can make us separate, Lord? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! In death or in life, what's deep or what's high, there's one thing that stays the same: Your love! No power or king could do anything to take your love away!
  33. Day by day. Week by week. Month by month. Even this hard year. Thank you for giving me these time, Lord.
  34. Encouragements to not be fear or be dismayed.
  35. Being comforted in God's gentle arms.
  36. Peace that surpasses all understanding, especially during my hardships.
  37. God had chosen the right person for every circumstance in my life, especially the hard ones.
  38. My skripsi! What a great challenge!
  39. Tasting and seeing the Lord's goodness throughout this year.
  40. Experiencing sorrow as my dad passed away, but never once I found my family and I are abandoned. We are fatherless and my mom is a widow, but we are secure in the Lord. We are under His care as always.
  41. Graduation!
  42. Palembang: the school, the city, the church community.
  43. There were time of sickness, but God healed me. He even provide anything that I needed for my medical needs: family, friends, money, insurance, doctors, nurses, etc.
  44. A church community that really Christ-centered and have Bible teaching oriented.
  45. Being a young adult. Well, I no longer a student, even I am the teacher!
  46. Know that some people were blessed by me. Thanks God, I feel joy every time someone says it!
  47. Receiving the answer I need.
  48. My first students in K3! Each one of them are special! Oh, my first year teaching as a teacher!
  49. Wisdom as a teacher and young adult.
  50. God has been redefining my life purpose. Now all I see is meaningful days!
  51. God has been developing my faith.
  52. I am chosen for God's glory!
  53. A father. He was a good father, who loved his family wholeheartedly. Thanks God for a chance to have a father. Thank you for his life and his role in my life.
Well, I just tried to summary what are the things that I am thankful for throughout this past year. And I feel amazed when I could make it 53! When I read again, I found that the things I am thankful for are priceless. Of course I am thankful too for the small things, but nothing is more priceless than the abundant blessings that God has given us!

So, what are you thankful for?

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
(Colossians 3:15-17)

1 comment:

Anita Bong said...

There so many things to give thank for! :D

Post a Comment