Friday, June 7, 2013

Suddenly Fatherless [Part 3]: Not abandoned

Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
I supposed to be excited because on May 31, 2013 I would be commissioned as a Christian teacher. My family and relatives would come, but someone is missing. My dad would not be able to see me graduated and commissioned. Family photo would be weird because he already passed away. So what is the meaning of my graduation?

Thanks God, my Heavenly Father holds on His promise that He would be the Father for the fatherless. He gently reminded me over and over again that the meaning of my graduation is not depends on my father's existence. It was and is always depends on His will and plans for me. My Heavenly Father is the one who calls me to go and make disciples. It was His will for me to be educated in UPH Teachers College so that I could be a Christian teacher this year. Now as I finish my study, He would like to see me graduated and commissioned. He would like to be proud of me.

But God.... Do you not know how much I really want my father to see me graduate? Do you not know how much I want to see him proudly smile on my graduation day? Do you not know that other girls have their fathers hug them, but I......?

That's why I promise to be the Father for the fatherless.

Friday, May 31, 2013
I never imagine that a lot of my family members and relatives would like to come and see me graduated. I thought there would be no proud-father hug me tightly, but I was wrong.... Although Papa was not there.. My heavenly Father was there. His extended hands and feet were there....

Fr left to right: Mama Liong, Novi, Papa Liong
Papa Liong and Mama Liong are my uncle and aunt. They came to the ceremony and saw me graduated. They were crying proudly during the ceremony. After that, they hugged me tightly as they congratulated me. As he hugged me, Papa Liong told me that he was so proud of me.

I was overwhelmed with God's love through the people around me. My heart was filled with joy. I did not cry on my graduation day! Instead, I was smiling for the whole day!

Ieie Nike, Novi, Mama

Mama, Novi, Titi

Kevin, Ko Apin, Novi, Titi

Titi, Mama, Novi, Papa Liong, Mama Liong

Tante Lilie (thanks for being "more than a family member" for our family, especially in the midst of sorrow!), Mama,  Novi, Yohan
Not captured here: my grandma, other uncle and aunties, my cousin and her family from Bekasi. In total, there were 15 peoples came!!

See????
I am not abandoned!!!!
The God Almighty has been the father for the fatherless, for my brother and I.
He becomes the Husband for my mother too!
Praise be to God!

Psalm 10:14
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 68:5
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, luar biasa kisahnya, ya memang Tuhan baik nov dalam segala keadaan..sekali lagi congratz ya!!

Novi Kurniadi said...

Thanks Yun :)
Itu masih sebagian kisah lo, kalau mau dipanjang2in masih ada lagi kebaikan2 Tuhan yang lain :)
Tadinya aku malah sudah siap kalo nggak ada yang dateng, ternyata malah sampe 15 orang dari keluarga dan kerabat yang dateng!

Post a Comment