Saturday, December 1, 2012

Worry About Tomorrow: Financial Issue

I met a friend last week and he told me about his worry about finance. He said that a labor's wage now is about 2.2 million rupiah. A labor is not educated. My friend will have double degree in computer and mathematics but he might be paid for ONLY 2.7 million rupiah during 1.5 years of work after he graduates next year. It seems very unfair. He said, "Two point seven million rupiah for a month to live in Lippo Karawaci? That's impossible! How can I survive? For my room I have to pay 1.7 million. Then, I only have 1 million for other needs? 1 million for food, transportation, and other daily needs?? How can I live??"


I really understand his worry. That's also my worry. I am going to be graduated next year. If YPPH put me in a school at Lippo Karawaci, I worry that my salary will not enough for a month. The life-cost in Lippo Karawaci is quite high. As a senior student, I'm starting to think about my future job. How much salary will I receive? Will it enough for me? I will only be a teacher!

I shared this matter with someone I love. He said, "No need to be worried. You will get enough and better salary when your turn comes. Just surrender to the Lord." Actually I already discussed this matter with my him even before my friend told me about 2.7 million-for-a-month-live-in-Lippo-Karawaci. I told him my idea of being a tutor to increase my income. I remember he shook his head and said, "Do not ever think that you will be happy with more money." That's true. But I still asked in my mind, "Is it enough to live depends on my salary as a teacher?"

The more I questioning about tomorrow, the more I worry about it. The more I worry about tomorrow, the more I lost peace in my heart. This past two weeks, I forgot that to be a teacher is God's calling and what He orders, He provides. I doubt His providence though I never lacked of anything. I worry about my life, my future, my dream to take a master degree, my desire to pay a little for my brother's education, what kind of clothes that I can buy, what will I eat, etc.

I forget what Jesus said in Matthew 6.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I do not know about tomorrow. What will I eat or drink, what will I wear. It is absolutely true that life is more than food and the body is more than clothes. God did not only give me life when I was created in my mother's womb but He gave His life to me 2000 years before on the cross. As I grow up in Him, He shared to me His mission, His desire, His love. He gave me a health body that other people might not have, so that I am able to worship and serve Him!

And why do I worry about clothes? It seems so important for young ladies to wear good clothes and have so many various clothes. I just want to be beauty. I lost some of my clothes because I gained 5 kgs weight these past four months. I need new clothes and worry that I will not be able to shop! It is so true, Lord, that You called me a little faith. I doubt that You are able to clothe me more beautiful than I thought. Together with the pagans, I want to run after all these things. Thank you for let me know once again that the Father knows that I need them. You are the Almighty God, but You care on this matter, on how should I dress up! And it is not only about how You clothe me in the outside, but also inside my heart. How awesome You are! There is nothing too tiny for Your care!


Please Lord, help me to seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness (to find out how do you want me to be a Christian teacher next year) when I think about my future or my salary. Help me to seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness (to not choose my will, but Yours) when the people from YPPH interview me next week. Teach me to trust that all these things (enough salary, food, clothes, even a home to live after graduate!) will be given to me as well. Enable me to not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Just call me on Your mission, for what You order, You provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment